Counselor-Part Time to Full Time
Conducts assessments, individual counseling and recovery education groups for suboxone clinic. Performs administrative functions applicable to the position, works under the supervision of the Program Director.
• Conducts Chemical Dependency assessments.
• Conducts recovery education groups.
• Conducts individual therapy sessions.
• Assumes responsibilities associated with case management of clients on his/her case load.
• Documents all interactions with clients in the client’s individual file.
• Collects urine sample from same sex clients as required.
• Provides Administrative Secretary with copies of all continuing education certificates to facilitate compliance with state and/or federal regulatory boards.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent in experience in social work, counseling, psychology or other relevant field.
• Two years of experience working with adults or any combination of education and experience.
• Possession of Ohio licensure or equivalent certification in counseling, social work or chemical dependency counselor.
• Knowledge of clinical theory, programs and specific techniques of intervention.
• Ability to demonstrate empathy and professionalism when interacting with clients.
• Knowledge of professional counseling ethics, applicable laws and governmental regulations relating to client rights
• Establish good rapport and demonstrate a positive public relations image in working with the public, clients, families, and staff.
• Communicate in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to respond to a variety of demands requiring prompt action, flexibility, mature judgment, and sound decision-making skills.
• Plan and implement group therapy for different client populations.
• Use of community resources in clinically sound discharge plans for all client groups.
• Organize a complex workload, addressing and documenting pertinent issues in a timely manner.
• Use clinical supervision constructively and non-defensively and to be willing to regularly self-explore.